Thursday, August 19, 2010

First Day of School

The first day of school has come and gone! The kids were all so excited to start school and meet their teachers and classmates. They all jumped out of bed and got dress and breezed through breakfast and were sitting by the door waiting by 7:30a.m. Clint took them to school and for that I am grateful I don't do well on the first day of school! I get used to having them home for months so I miss them, I then think of how fast they are all growing up and that makes me sad, and then I think of them so nervous, shy and scared and that makes me sad too. I would have just cried so its much better that Clint took them! I had to rush around and get the twins to their well child check up at the Dr.'s and be back here to pick Cavin up at 11:00a.m. from Preschool! Well guess my dr. had other plans because my 9:30a.m. appt. didn't happen I sat in a exam room for 1 hr. with 2 screaming 1 year olds and crazy toddler Maxton and still No dr... I started freaking out cause I had a 15 minute drive back to school to get Cavin so I finally just got up and walked out pretty pissed off I might add. Especially when they wanted to charge me for visits that I didn't have. I used to work in Dr.'s office and am pretty understanding about running behind but I made that appt. first thing in the a.m. figuring he couldn't be to far behind. WRONG! So now I have to reschedule and go back.. grrrrrrrr I got back picked a Happy Cavin up from school all he said was " I like my teacher, I played with Riley,I painted, it was fun!" Good Report! We came home played watched some cartoons, ate some lunch and baked the kids some brownies and waited for 3p.m. to go get them! I finally got in the pick up line and got them picked up! Mallory is over the moon about here teacher! Carter says his teacher is so nice! Mason well he is not so sure and neither am I? I guess you can't have a good teacher every year? I am sad for him! I had 1 teacher my 5th grade year that was so awful I actually faked ill and missed 32 days of school, I always wondered why my mom let me and then about 5 years ago I finally found out... At a parent teacher conference that teacher told my mom that " I would never amount to ANYTHING" she was a awful lady.. I will never forget that year I hated it so I am just praying that Mason's year isn't anything like that. Its actually crossed my mind to pull him out and home school for the year but Clint says he needs to learn to deal with life? But mommy just wants him to be okay and not have it rough. I think thats normal? So that was the 1st day of of school in a nutshell. One last thing that was cute Carter "mommy I went to DS (destination success) class but they didn't let us play DS. WHY??"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so funny, it's exactly what I done in the 7th & 8th grade. The school nurse even came to the house to talk to my mom cause I missed alot of school. My teacher said I would never make it thru HS. Did I show her wrong, I made it thru and with a baby my senior year.GJ