Monday, August 15, 2011

Well Wednesday's the day.. The day of the new school year the day my kids go spend more time with other people in a day then they do with me. So many emotions go through me this time of year. I feel sad that summer is over and my time with them is going to be drastically cut, relief that for 8 hours a day I won't have to listen to the older ones fighting with each other or the smaller ones, I am nervous because I have at least 2 who don't want to go, fear that something will happen big or small to them while they aren't with me, joy at going shoe and clothes shopping with them and seeing how happy they are to be sporting some new things, and of course Anxious because of all the homework and activities that we will begin to have to get done and still keep up with bedtime so they get plenty of rest. This is definitely one of those times that I think I must have been crazy to have so many kids this and the day I pay for book fees, school supplies and shoes/clothes for 5 kids!!! I also feel blessed to be able to be here to pick them up everyday from school and hear about their day and help them with their homework and once again hear the fighting that will take place. As we sit at breakfast yesterday morning it was only Mal and Mas, Clint and I left at the table and Clint says can you imagine if we would have stooped at 2 this is what it would be like him and Mal went on to talk about the fancy stuff, vacations, big house etc. that we could have with only 2 kids finally I said Stop why would you even care? All that is just stuff what we have is sooooo much better, yes it is crazy and loud and hey we even get kicked out of places (Long story) but no offense guys 2 was never a number for me I needed wanted more and now I have it and I never want to think of what it would have been like not to have what I have because it's all I want.... I love you all so much!! Here is hoping for a good first day Wed. Pictures posted Wed. of the gaggle minus 2 sporting their new duds! Hope mommy can hold it together long enough to get out of the school.... Oh how I will miss you all my heartbreaks just thinking of Wed. morning.....

No comments: