Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I have to admit...

I have been having kinda of a hard time lately.. A pity party you could say. Poor me has to do 20+ loads of laundry a week, does dishes 3 times/day, picks up and picks up, mops daily, vacuum's daily, does all the homework/school projects, is the one who does all the Dr.'s appts (and there has been a lot of these lately), who cooks 2 even 3 meals/day, baths, reads, plays, breaks up fights... and on and on and on. It has gotten so bad that my once spotless house looks like a trash pile, I JUST CAN'T KEEP UP. I feel like its 1 against 8 and that just isn't fair.. Until one day last week I realized it is worse than that I have given up and well I didn't have 7 kids to just sit here and feel sorry for myself so I moped the floor and thought about everything and realized that I am being to hard on myself! I have only been a mother to 7 for a little over 4months and while having Twins isn't hard it is time consuming, I can't expect everything to stay clean all the time! So I decided to play more and clean less! There will be plenty of time when the kids are grown to clean right now I need to enjoy them! So I am working on a happy medium! so if you come over prepare yourself for a MESS!!!

I have to say that Clint made the kids scrub the floor on their hands and knees on Sunday and it was pretty funny! At supper that night Cavin looks at me and says "Mommy eat over the table we just moped this floor" Oh how I wish he would take his own advice!! so cute!

I LOVE babies!! I would have 10 more if I could!! I love all their little firsts! Cayne just rolled over for the first time and I was right here to see it!! Thank you Clint for making it possible for me to stay home so at least one of us gets to see/enjoy this stuff!!

Mason has been pretty funny lately with his vocabulary!! He told me the other day that Maxton was obnoxious, he told Clint "Mommy saw a mouse scurry under the freezer in the garage" when all I told him was I saw one run under there! He uses these big words, words that I don't even use! I love it! So funny! What a Smart little guy he is!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Missy, a little old lady at club one day told me that when you kids grow up they won't ever remember whether the house was clean or not but they will remember all the times you have spent with them.. hope this helps you as it did me at the time.. i know i had only four to your seven but still it was overwhelming on some days...aunt jeannie

Kendra said...

Girl, you are crazy and I love it! My house is feels like a tornado hit and I only have 3 kids - I definitely think you're being too hard on yourself. A poem I once heard came to mind and I wanted to share it with you...in fact, I put it to a tune and sing to to my boys as I'm rocking them when they are/were little. Here it is:

Cleaning & scrubbing can wait 'til tomorrow, for babies grow up we've learned to our sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm rockin my baby and babies don't keep!