Friday, November 6, 2009

Lots..

So it has been a VERY busy and eventful few weeks here which is why I haven't written much!
First off Monday Oct.26th Maccoy had his first TET spell.. I was feeding him and had to get up to turn something off which made him upset and start to scream (which we aren't suppose to let him do to much of) so I raced back to pick him up and took him to change his diaper when I started to take his sleeper off I noticed his legs were blue so I pulled his whole outfit off to look at the rest of his body which was all blue by the time I got the oximeter on him his SATS were 88 then they dipped alittle to 85 within a min of the knee to chest position and me calming him down his SATS were back up in the 90s. It was VERY scary and I was pretty shaken up for the rest of the day. We have been keeping him on the monitor more again just to track his 02 levels which dip below 90 but most of the time sit around 94% to 96% ( a normal person runs 96% to 100%). Other than that episode Maccoy has been doing GREAT!

On Tuesday it was time to take Maxton in to see his Dr. for his Vascular Malformation (he was born with this effecting his right arm its a long story that I really need to write down sometime) anyway he had two new spots on his R elbow and R forearm that needed to be checked basically blood clots pop up in his right arm for no reason. Anyway that visit led to him needing xray and labwork and a pressure garment and possibly to be put on aspirin daily for at least 6mths. That was another big day.

Then Wed was Mallory's BIG 9th Birthday! My how time flies! Seems like just yesterday I was pregnant with her!

Then we move on to Halloween!! We had Thing 1 and Thing 2 (the twins), Darth Vader (Mason) A Ninja (Carter) Iron Man (Cavin) Nurse/princess (Mallory) and a Spider(Max). We trick or treated at Clints office on Friday and left there with 5 full buckets of candy the kids had a great time and I think Daddy enjoyed showing off his kiddos to his co workers! Then Sat. we went trick or treating with our good friends the kids had a BLAST and got another 5 buckets of candy! The Dentist is going to Love us!! Maxton is a candy freak to say the least! The boy could live on candy!

This week has been spent doing the usual junk cooking cleaning breaking up fights! I did find out that Cavin was excepted into Preschool which he is not very happy about even though he had a fun time there he is no hurry to leave mommy! I asked him if he was ready to go to school and he said "no I don't like that guy with the long nose and the long head" which come to find out was the Occupational Therapist that was making him color and use scissors etc.. when I came home and told him he was going to school he said "I will hide from you so you can't take me there"... So this could be interesting!

The babies turned 4 months old on Wed.... They are so sweet! They have found each other and love to be close to one another. They love the sound of my voice and just by saying Hi I can usually make them smile! They love to be talked to and Maccoy is starting to coo back in response. Cayne is close to rolling over but hasn't quit made it over yet! They first slept through the night a few weeks ago and did that for two nights then it was back to one sleeping through the night and the other getting up at 2a.m. they just kinda trade back and forth on that. So I am back to getting a few hours of sleep before I am woke up to feed someone! It is always a surprise as to which one it will be! Who doesn't like surprises at 2a.m.??

I could cont. to go on but I have a ton of stuff to get done today and it is going to be beautiful out so I will post more later...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it has been an eventful couple of weeks!!! Thanks for the update. It was good seeing you all today, even though it wasn't for long. I miss you all!!! Aunt Val

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about the scarry event with Maccoy I can't imagine how traumatic that must have been.As I was reading on about Cavin I just sat here and laughed out loud by myself,it reminds me of the time when Brenda took Katie for a school evaluation and she wouldn't do as they asked because she told Brenda"the lady had bad breath."GJ