Friday, July 25, 2008

Sick and Tired of this ??

I get so sick and tired of this questions "Are they all yours?"... It has gotten so bad that my oldest son actually looked at a lady a few weeks ago in a store who asked and said "Why does everybody ask her that".. it was kinda funny, but rude I know.

Anyway yesterday was one of the funniest in a long time. Here Goes


I took the kids to city park where there was swimming lessons being held and for about 10 mins they were the only kids playing on the park equipment over walks this lady who has two small boys with her and she of course asks the wonderful question "Are they all 4 yours?" I said there are 5 oh she says is one in swimming lessons and I say NO and she said I must have miss counted I bet you do that all the time I respond by saying No can't say as I do. After many comments of I don't know how you do it, you must never have time for anything else, etc. etc.. Over walks another women with 1 child and they must know each other and she says to the lady this women has 5 kids and that lady says and I think having 2 is horrible I am sure 5 is a nightmare (can you believe that she said that) and I respond no it really isn't it doesn't matter if you have 1 or 5 raising kids is a big job being a mom is a huge job (i thought i did good) anway they go on to ask a million questions and make some more rude comments, but this is the best part towards to end of our visit the one lady says so you must be one of those homeschooling families ( I have nothing against homeschooling) and I say no my kids go to public school just like a lot of other kids and then she says are you having more kids(with a look of pity on her face) and I say with a straight face " YES WE WOULD LIKE TO HAVE 5 MORE".... Needless to say the women didn't talk to me again the rest of the time we were there!!! Serves her right sometimes people need to mind their own business. I had a friend tell me yesterday to start saying "Big Families are in" I like it! I am thinking of having a shirt made like this one

3 comments:

Nicole McLaughlin said...

oh Melissa, let those people roll off your back!! Their so clueless!!! The t-shirt would be hilarious!!

(you do know how that happens right????)

LOL JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had too!!

Melissa said...

Your funny.. It is just getting old!!! Most of the time I just answer and go on, but something mean in me came out yesterday?? That hardly ever happens.. Me mean NEVER :)

Anonymous said...

OMG- that was pretty darn funny. Jeez- some people just don't get it. I LOVE the "big families are in" statement, you really need to start using it. Val