Thursday, September 3, 2009

Life

Life with 7 kids 8 and under is well NUTS... Some days I am saying what was I thinking other days I am saying this is sooooo Great.. A few things that are not so great is that with two babies and a constantly moving/getting into things 2 year old my house isn't as clean and the laundry is never caught up. I knew having twins would be hard but having twins and 5 other kids is well difficult. Trying to keep up with everyone's everything is a challenge. The most challenging part is going out and about which I am not suppose to do much of anyway but even to the park is a job. By the time you get everyone dressed, hair brushed etc.. then feed the babies change diapers/clothes etc. an hour could easily go by then you have to plan your entire outing around feedings and lets just say Maxton well thinks it's funny to run off. My most recent outing was to the dentist to have Cavin's tooth looked at, those poor people at the dentist office must have thought I was nuts! Cayne screamed the entire time and Maxton kept running off and when he didn't get his way he would throw a HUGE tantrum so embarrassing. Some how I survived as I left I called Clint to complain but only this time he didn't really care to listen to me, which sparked a whole new topic that I won't get into. Anyway funny story about the dentist office was the receptionist who kept getting Cavin's name wrong first she called him Calvin, then K-ven, then Calvin again. Anyway she asked me how many babies I had in the stroller and I said two and her response back to me was "Are they Twins?" is she kidding? No lady I often take two infants in the exact same carseat to the dentist with me cause it's fun? NOT!! Then she said Oh you have all boys (like that is the most horrible thing in the world) and I respond no I have a daughter she is at school along with my 2 other son's and she says "How many kids do you have" I respond 7 and she says "OH MY!" then she says" wait" looking at Cavin's file under siblings we see "mallory,mason, and carter then there is "Calvin"(yes she got his name wrong again!) and your two babies you only have 6 kids (R u kidding me like I don't know how many kids I have?) I say no I have 7 and she argues with me(for real she did) I say back" there is the 4 you guys see then my 2 year old(who I am standing there holding) and the twins that equals 7!!! And again she says "OH MY" ( like someone died).... Man do people give me some strange looks/comments when they find out how many kids I have and their ages! I think I maybe able to write a book when I am done raising them on funny comments we got!! Holly cow it's only 7!! The other day I was out and about with the Twins , Maxton and Cavin and some Lady said "you have your hands full" and I responded with "This is only half of them" you should have seen her face!! Priceless!!
The other thing right now that is a challenge for me is sleep.. I am not getting enough there is a shocker right? Seems like one night they do good and only each get up once then there is the Bad nights where they each get up like 3 or 4 times each those nights suck!! I know it will get better! I actually don't mind getting up and seeing their cute little chubby cheeks it is alot better then waking up to someone vomiting all over your carpet!! See trying to see the positive in everything!! The twins are getting so big they will be 2 months old tom. last week Cayne weighed 11lbs20z and Maccoy was 10lbs4oz so they are growing like crazy!! They are pretty good babies but it seems like someone is always crying,hungry or needing a diaper change guess that is to be expected with two babies! The other kids are getting into a nice routine with school,homework and chores! All of them Love their teachers! Cavin is liking having some alone time with Mom while Maxton is napping and the kids are at school! And Maxton well he is still the same old naughty boy and Mommy is hoping he grows out of it real soon but I am not holding my breath!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will say when my twin boys were babies, I felt somewhat cheated on their babyhood because you always seemed to be doing something(feeding, changing a diaper, etc. )with at least one of them, but I never felt like I had much time to just hold them without multi-tasking. When they would fall asleep I would put them down to keep up with everything else including big brother. The first year seems to be the toughest and before you know they are crawling and walking.

Paula McClary said...

Missy - Your children are ADORABLE and really enjoy looking at their
pictures from time to time. I grew
up with and went to school with both sets of grandparents, so it's
fun to see this. Not sure what all the "looks" are about. There were several large families in the Vermillion, Centralia, Corning, Seneca area. You are richly blessed!

Paula said...

PS - I get "looks" too, when people ask me how many children I have and I say, "None". So, maybe you can give me 3 or 4 of your's and then we'd stop getting "looks" LOL!

Did show your website to Mom. She still calls you "Missy Girl". She enjoyed seeing your pictures. She loves babies, so feel free to stop in and show her all your kids sometime at Sunrise Assisted Living in OP.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the outings can't be easy but I laughed at the dental visit until I was crying almost. Did she seem a little overwhelmed or what. I can almost visualize the whole incident. Also I wondering if it is possible for me to give blood for Maccoy's time of surgery? Never have done it but would like to, I have 0t type which I believe is universal,let me know GJ