Wednesday, March 17, 2010

And the AWARD Goes to......

Yep I got an award only it's not really the kind that I want to brag about! It's the Most Horrible Mother award :( Last night at about 9:40p.m. I let my 8.5mth old fall off of my bed ( and lets just say you need steps to get into our bed its about 5ft tall) .. After a quick assessment of him Clint and I both decided that he needed to be looked at we felt that his Right Leg maybe broken.. I don't have time to get into the details but after a trip in a ambulance and a few xray's it was determined by a kind Orthopedic Surgeon that indeed my sweetbabies femur bone is fractured. So after many doses of pain meds (heartbreaking to see my baby hurting so bad) and a cast he is home and resting as comfortable as he can.. More to come along w/ some sad pictures of the little guy...

5 comments:

Kendra said...

Oh honey, it's okay, you are NOT the most horrible mother! I can't imagine how awful you feel - I'm so sorry for you and for Cayne. Poor guy! Accidents happen - we don't mean for them to, that's why they're called accidents. I know you know all this, just...you know, trying to make you stop beating yourself up. You're an awesome mommy!! Hang in there lady! Kisses to Cayne!

Nicole McLaughlin said...

Oh Melissa, we have all done these things!! Sean Michael fell out of his high chair once and landed on his HEAD! The size of the egg on his head almost sent me into cardiac arrest. And I learned my lesson so well...Branden also fell out of the highchair!! You are one of the best mothers I know. Give him lots of kisses for me! :) by the way, I know we haven't talked recently...but I'm thinking of you all the time!

Jayme said...

Try not to be so hard on yourself. These things happen. Randy's mom fell on with his brother once and broke both legs. Hope he and you both feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

You are a GREAT mother. Accidents happen. Val

Anonymous said...

Missy, I know exactly how you feel! When Owen was around a year old I was carrying him down the stairs and fell on his leg and fractured it. Your a great mom, hang in there!
Your cousin,
Robin