Thursday, February 17, 2011

Freak Show

I love being a FREAK show!! When we started having kids at the old age of 20 we thought 4 kids was a lot and the perfect number for us! After my labor with Mallory which was 22 hours and 3 hours of pushing, painful,vomiting my guts out,scary, you would think 1 would have been enough but the minute they put that sweet little bundle in my arms and I saw the look of pure joy/happiness/pride on Clint's face I would have done it all over again 9 months later but I decided to wait for 12months! Haha! Mason was born 12months 2weeks after Mallory! While he was a surprise pregnancy he was the easiest labor and delivery of all the kids and life with 2 babies was FUN! Clint would have been fine to stop for awhile he had his boy and his girl and was good but nope I wasn't done I had baby fever! Along came Carter after a lot of trying,crying and some fertility drugs! His labor and delivery was a hard and scary, but I didn't learn my lesson because not even 2 years later along came Cavin! Then Clint was done! Nope NO more babies! After a lot of talking and crying he finally gave in to try for that sister for Mallory with the understanding this was it! Well we didn't get that sister on #5 which turned out to be my sweet,silly,naughty Maxton what would I do without that little boy! So how I ever talked Clint into 1 more after Maxton goes something like this " We have 1 more seat in the van and 6 is a even number" WHOOPS!! Guess that came back to bite me in the butt!! Finding out about the twins held so many emotions from joy,to fear, to Holy CRAP!! But all in all they have been the most amazing additions to this family broken heart and all! Would I love to have more kids? YES a million times YES will I doubtful? Clint says he is done too but sometimes I know he thinks 1 more wouldn't be so bad! I know having a large family isn't for everyone and I never thought I would have ended up with 7 kids but ask me today and I LOVE BEING A FREAK SHOW! Some people love their jobs (like my husband) some people are good at their jobs (like my husband) I love being a Mom and most days I am pretty good at it, its a challenge especially when you have so many kids. I know a lot of people probably think my kids do without or don't get what they want, but I think if you asked them you would be surprised? I have given my kids things that they will always have not stuff but love. Love from parents who care and are always here for them and LOVE of siblings who will always and are always around for them. Kids don't need ipods, or ds's or the latest game, name brand clothes, fancy toys, expensive pee wee sports they need us to listen guide and teach them. I try my hardest to do the best for them to listen to teachers, to get idea's from other parents, to make them grow up to be the best person they can! That other stuff is just stuff. Later in life will they remember the thousands of dollars we dished out for the softball traveling team or the Ipod they got probably not but will they remember playing funny games with their siblings, mommy playing in the rain with them and making mud pies, having snowball fights with daddy, and all of us snuggled up in bed watching a movie? I hope so! Those are the things that matter to me. I love being a freak show because its the life I never new I wanted til I got it, is it hard and hardly ever quiet yep but would we change any of it? NOPE! I love all 7 of you always and forever!! And Clint I love you too and sure do miss seeing you! Can't wait for budget season to be over so we can have you back!!

5 comments:

Valerie Meade said...

Well said darlin. You are a great mommy and your children are amazing. I enjoy everytime we spend time with them. :)

Amber said...

I find myself using you and the kids as an example when my friends say they can't got to the store with their one kid. I always tell them I have friend that has 7 and still does it all. They say I bet they are crazy and I tell no that they are actually very well behaved and their mom is a Rockstar cause all the kids are awesome. I came from a family of 5 kids and I know it can be a struggle to deal with it all but you do it great. You are right about kids not needing material things, it is love and guidance that makes children who they are. I wish you were my mommy sometimes,lol! You need a shirt that says I Rock at being a Mommy.

Anonymous said...

You are my favorite freak show!!! Love you and all of your kiddos!

Amy

Anonymous said...

People say taking care of 6 kids must have been alot of work when you were in the hospital with Mccoy last April. I tell everyone yes it's work but all kids are,they were so easy to care for and still are.Children don't remember material items, they best remember the memories of time spent together.GJ

Gramma 2 Many said...

Just found your blog accidentally. Have to tell you it is a Blessed Freak Show:) God Bless you and your lovely family!