Monday, February 14, 2011

Spread CHD Awareness!!


Today is Valentines Day but it is also a more special day than that at least for our family..

It's Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Day! Today I am beyond Thankful for my Son! The tears sting my eyes as I think of all he has been through in his short life. He is the reason I am helping Spread Awareness for CHD! Please help me by telling pregnant women, people who are thinking of starting or adding to their family about CHD, because I never thought it would happen to me but it has. CHD doesn't have a preference for whom it strikes, I did nothing wrong during my pregnancy to cause this, it just happened and unfortunately it could happen to you or someone you love.
CHD affects 1 in 100 babies. 50% of those babies will Need at least 1 life saving operation. CHD is under funded. We need more money for more Research.. We need to spread awareness!

No comments: