Monday, November 10, 2008

Details

So here are the details of Maxton's hernia

On Thursday morning out of the blue he began screaming,crying, and quivering all over. Nothing I did comforted him he just kept crying hysterically I began to look over him his feet did he step on something, put him down to see if he could walk, looking at his arms, I then thought he must have a tummy ache so I began to rub his tummy, he didn't have a diaper on since I just got him out of the bath tub and something made me look down at his "private" area and that is when I saw a "huge" bulge to the right of his penis.. It was about the size of a bouncy ball. I freaked out and called Clint who then told me to "calm down I can't understand what your saying" I told him "meet us at the ER".. By the time we arrived at the ER it was gone! I was sure that nobody even Clint would believe me. They came in to examine him and decided to give him some pain meds and get a sonogram of that area.. It did pop back out again after arriving at the ER, but didn't seem to cause him to much pain that time. The sonogram showed no abnormal findings, but we were referred onto the Pediatric Urologist. Our appt. with them was today and they will be doing a hernia repair surgery on Maxton on Dec.10th . This is a birth defect, it is very common and the surgery is pretty routine. It is still surgery so for Clint and I it is very scary. He doesn't seem to be bothered by it now and hopefully it won't be a problem before the surgery. They would have scheduled the surgery for this week, but he seems to be coming down with a cold so the doctor wanted to give him 2 to 3 weeks to get over it before doing the surgery. So that is what we know for now!!

5 comments:

Nicole McLaughlin said...

Holy cow, i was getting an anxiety attack reading that!! I'm so sorry, but your right it's routine and everythign will be FINE!!! Please call me if you need anything! (babysitters, pick ups, whatever!!) I'll pray for Maxton!

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about little maxton it seem like he has a lot thing happen but he has a mom and dad that will take good care of him.love you all grandma

Unknown said...

That is so scary. It was so hard when Cray had surgery. I hope he does okay till then. If you need us to do anything let us know. We will keep Maxton in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

Wow- how scary. I think my brother had that when he was born. (or maybe just something like it) Let me know if I can do anything to help- I am here for you all. I will also pray for Maxton. Val

Boeckman mommy said...

It is so scary to put your little ones down for surgery. Even our little Madison, just to have tubes in her ears, was scary the first time. I am sure everthing will be just fine. He will just need alittle TLC which I know he will get.
I love all of your pictures. Where do you come up with all of the neat backgrounds? Just places in your community? I want to get a new family picture so bad, but it is so cold outside. Should have done it a couple weeks ago.
Good Luck with Maxton. ~Amy~