Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Back to Routine

Yesterday was the older kids first day back to school after winter break and I have to say it was hard to get out of bed at 6:45 and get everything going, but some how I managed and did it FAST.. I had french toast and scrambled eggs ready by 7:05, kids out of bed and dressed hair brushed and eating by 7:15 and lunches packed and everyone shoes, coats and book bags ready by 7:34a.m. holly cow!! They were actually early(for a "M" kid)!! After they left I got the dishwasher unloaded, a load of laundry started, beds made, kitchen clean, the other 3 kids feed and dressed and then began cleaning the upstairs finished that made some lunch and that my friends is when the FUN began!! As one of my friends said to me yesterday "Never a dull day at "M" house"!! We had finished our lunch and I was talking to my good friend on the phone as Carter put a mint in his mouth I began to leave the room and then I heard him cry, but it only lasted a split second so I ran back to see what was wrong and found my almost 5year old trying to cry with no sound coming out and his face turning red, so I went into nurse mode after two attempts at trying to get the mint out I could hear the throw up coming so I shoved us into the kitchen as I am screaming at Carter "is it out yet is that better" he still is making no sound so I bent him over and slapped his back and between the BIG slap I gave him and the force of the vomit the mint went Flying across the room and the throw up luckily went on the wood floor.. So after I cleaned that up Cavin began getting really fussy, so I put Maxton to bed so I could set and hold Cavin, but when that boy is in pain you better watch out cause he is down right MEAN finally after him hitting at me, screaming and kicking I tried to give him some Ibuprofen that he then took over to the sink and dumped out screaming at me the whole time after getting him calmed down I discovered that he had a earache.. We have this great thing in town called Simple Care which is a walk in clinic staffed by some great people so I decided rather than waiting it out I would just take him in and I was in and out of that office in Record time 15mins tops!! Yes his ear was really infected causing him lots of pain so we got some medicine filled at the pharmacy and went to pick up the kids from school.. Then it was home to help with homework, finish supper, take a shower to get ready for my PTO meeting and give a few baths then off to my meeting which ran long, I didn't get home until 9p.m.!! Needless to say it was a long day and a very eventful day but it was productive, routine is back which my kids need, and we are all fine so in my book it was a Great Day!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my... I am truly speachless.... Wow! Val