Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Its Been To Long!

WOW!!! It has been along time since my last update!! So much has happened!! We celebrated Thanksgiving at our house with my parents! We had a great day playing games and eating food the only thing missing was my brother and his family! My mom and I seriously thought of heading to Toys R Us at midnight to begin the day after Thanksgiving shopping but decided against it. Clint and I got up at 3:30 to meet my good friends to brave the day starting at Target at 5a.m. thanks to one of my CRAZY friends who made it to Toys r Us at 12 (she got in line at Target at 4a.m.)we were able to get in the store and snag a few Big items and check them off our list!! We shopped until about 8:30 and then came home to relieve my parents from babysitting so they could head home (Thanks Mom and Dad for helping us out)!! By Friday afternoon the "cold" that had hit our house had fully hit Maccoy and he was only getting worse so by Saturday morning it was to the Dr. we went where they put him on breathing treatments and antibiotics due to an ear infection and a chest full of junk. The breathing treatments helped some with the coughing. Poor Baby. With his lungs already affected by the pulmonary stenosis lung infections are bad for him. As the week went on he didn't get better and it was back to urgent care we went about a week later now with Cayne in tow because he sounded worse and also had a fever. They both got chest xray's, labs to check for RSV, and deep suction. Oh what a good time that was. Luckily the chest xrays showed No pneumonia and they were negative for RSV. So continue on the breathing treatments blah blah blah. So today again a week later they are both still coughing,runny nose and now yucky eyes.. Oh will this end? Clint,Mallory,Cavin,Carter, Maxton and I have all had it and it is some nasty stuff. We have been sick here for 3 weeks. Kleenex,Ibuprofen and cold med companies are getting rich off us :(
Maccoy finally rolled over on Tuesday Dec.9th!! I was starting to wonder if he would ever do it!! They are both such happy little guys! It melts my heart that every time I look at them and talk they just smile from ear to ear! I know they LOVE me soooo much! They love to play in the jumperoo but we only have 1 so that makes life a little rough sometimes (we are looking at getting another one but good grief they are expensive). Our living room looks like babies r us threw up in it with swings,jumperoos,baby gyms, bumbo seats,excersaucers, and misc. toys it is a maze to get through! But so worth it! Having Twins is an amazing blessing and I am so glad that I get to be a Twin mommy!!
Cavin has adapted well to Preschool. He doesn't really like to get out of bed to go but once he is up and moving he is happy to get on the bus and go! He loves his teacher and can't stop talking about Miss Liz and all that he has done at school! What a big boy he is getting to be.
Mason is doing so wonderful in school! His teacher called me on Thurs. to tell me how much his reading is improving, his handwriting is out of this world!, his math is great and just overall what a GREAT kid he is!! Its so nice to hear that someone else sees what I see every day!! He is a great kid and I am proud to be his Mom!!
Mallory continues to amaze us with her straight A's. Although she did get a B on her last math test which really bummed her out,but she redeemed herself this week with yet another A on her Math test! She is such a smart girl! We are so proud of her!
Carter is having a Great kindergarten year! Learning a lot and making plenty of friends (that isn't a shock for our social butterfly). He loves school although he isn't really liking his bus ride to school without bubba and sissy its kinda boring he says! He continues to amaze us with his counting by 10's to 200, doing addition in his head and starting to read! Mr.Smartypants!!
Maxton continues to keep me on my toes always into something he shouldn't be! That's no surprise! But besides amazing us with his naughtiness is his vocabulary! It is CRAZY the way this kid talks! I can't believe the conversation I can carry on with my 2 year old! Back in November he was fitted for a pressure garment for his right arm to help with blood clots in his right arm that appear due to a vascular malformation. He is suppose to wear it for 23 hours/day and it is going pretty well only we only have 2 and maxton is constantly getting wet and dirty so keeping one on him 23hrs/day is kinda of a challenge! He doesn't seem to mind them! Five mins after he put it on I started telling him it was his "powers" and he had to leave it on! this worked and he began telling everyone about his powers!!
As for Clint he did his annual deer hunting trip with Cavin and Maxton in tow this time! A break for mommy but more work for Grandma Judy (Thanks Judy). He did shoot a buck but guess it wasn't picture worthy! I am told it will make some good summer sausage! I enjoyed just having the babies and the older kids here! And of course Maxton and Cavin enjoyed their time with Grandma!!
This past Sunday we enjoyed the free day at the KC Zoo with Clints brother Justin his wife and our niece and nephew! It was about 40 so with a coat and some gloves it wasn't bad! There wasn't many people there and we got to see a lot of the animals being fed which was fun! The kids had a great time! Now we are preparing to go to "C" town for xmas with my parents,brother,niece and nephew this weekend! Looking forward to seeing them all! Then it's time for xmas here at home and then xmas with Clints family the following weekend! Oh the Holidays what fun!!
Well there is a brief update on what is happening here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was glad to have the boys here while daddy hunted. Zach and Max are quite the pair! Cavin and I had some quality time together while the 2 little ones took thier naps. I am looking forward to next year already.Therron and Cavin enjoyed decorating christmas cookies,it was fun and makes for good memories.GJ.