Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Well....

Christmas has come and gone and now the house is overflowing with toys,crafts,legos,games and more toys and I have no idea where to put it all! Don't get me wrong the kids love every single thing they got from everyone but I am out of room to store it all! We all enjoyed spending time with both sides of the family. The kids had a GREAT time with their cousins, we ate some yummy food and had some good laughs! Unfortunately we have yet another illness going through the house. It has brought a yucky cough, green nasal drainage, a fever for some and all around fussy kids. I am so sick and tired of sick kids. I don't think we have ever had a winter this bad with back to back illness. My mom says "what did you expect with 7 kids" but honestly I didn't expect 2 months straight of illness. Maccoy has had the worst of it. He had the puking flu last Monday and Tuesday it was so bad that I was crying at 5a.m. because he was crying and shaking from what I have to assume was horrible stomach cramps then he slept from 6:30a.m. until 3p.m. no joke never made a peep then woke up and ate and went back to bed at 7:30 and slept all night. He was miserable. Then on Sunday he started to be really fussy again and vomited then started running a temp. so Monday morning i took him into see our Dr. who said he thought he had a horrible sinus infection and put him on antibiotics but later Monday he spiked a 103 temp and vomited all his medicine and feeding up. He just kept whining it was so sad I felt so helpless, he ran the fever all day yesterday but no more puke and he kept his meds down then today NO fever! Hope he is all better for awhile! I can't believe the babies will be 6months old on Monday! And Clint will be the big 30 on Sunday! What a big week!
The kids and I have been lucky enough to get to have Clint home all week! He is working hard on finishing our basement! He does all the work himself so it takes a lot of time, but it will be so nice when he finishes it(if we are lucky next year) It is so nice to have another adult in the house to talk to whenever I want! It is going to spoil me! I will be sad when he goes back to work on Monday! The kids have enjoyed all the snow we have gotten and even got out and made some snowmen today! We have done a lot of lego building,game playing,house playing and reading this last week which has been a lot of fun! Making some great memories and enjoying our kids while they are little!Now if I can just get the house clean before we have company tom. we will be doing good!!
Hope everyone had a Wonderful Holiday! Have a Safe and Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love all the Christmas pics!! Sorry to hear you guys are sick again, hope everyone gets to feeling better soon!! Love ya Jay, Em, Drew and Tava