Thursday, October 7, 2010

Remembering

This week has been a hard one emotionally. Every time a heart child earns their wings or is having a difficult time it makes me remember all that my Rock Star Son has been through in the past 15mths... We have been putting off a "party" to Thank some special people for awhile due to illness and schedule but it is finally happening Tom. night and I am so happy!! I just went back and read all the comments left on this blog while Maccoy was in the hospital and I was so touched that so many people prayed for us and read about Maccoy and seemed to really care about him. We are in a good place right now today who knows about next year, next month or tom.. but today we are good. I know I can't let the what if's and the have beens run my life but they are always and will always be there that is just part of this journey I have come to except that. Please continue to pray for Ewan and Joshua's families going through what I would consider the hardest thing ever; to loose a child.
Our day tomorrow will be filled with Thanks as we celebrate Maccoy's mended heart with my Best Friends who did soooooo much for us while Maccoy was in the hospital and the months leading up to surgery. For all the times they listened to me cry and go on and on about CHD. For always being there to help me no matter what and still listening to me cry and go on and on about CHD. They are the Best Friends anyone could ask for I love you All Jennifer,Amy, Stacey! Thank you sooo much for always being there for me and my family.
But tomorrow just got even better and it couldn't be happening on a better day! Maccoy is getting a huge surprise Nurse Stephanie from the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit is coming to visit him!! I am so thrilled!! I am thankful for the care Maccoy got in the PICU all the nurse we had were wonderful but Stephanie well there is No words for her she is above Wonderful above Amazing she is out of this world! We can't wait to show her what the "Real Maccoy" is like!! LOL(clint you liked that didn't you)!! Pictures coming soon of our CELEBRATION!!

2 comments:

Wodzisz Family said...

What a wonderful day you are going to have tomorrow! It has been a hard week and I am glad to know everything is going well for McCoy and you are able to celebrate. We heart families need to celebrate and give thanks for our little ones and all they have been through.

The Lost Michiganders! said...

K. I really need to come back and cheer up my stanky friend. Hope you have tons of fun tomorrow and just remember to stay away from vodka!