Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Part 3 Love Story (Wish I would have posted on Dec.11th :(

I couldn't find a picture from Christmas Dance 1994 This is from Prom 1997



Again the summer before my Sophomore Year and Clints Freshman Year of High School we started dating. It took a lot for me to talk him into giving it a try again, but he gave in! There was a lot of kissing for those short few weeks and then the night of the back to school dance he Broke my heart (told you he would punish me for breaking his) It was so horrible he did it at the dance in front of all my friends and all his friends. I was heartbroken and left crying in the girls bathroom for a long time and the worst part is he didn't even tell me he had his best friend do it for him. The next few months were hard. We grew up in a small town our entire school K-12 was only around 150 students or less. So it seemed he was everywhere I turned. I watched him take another girl to our Homecoming dance, talk about heartbreaking.... I dated a few guys between Sept. and Dec. of that year and he dated a few girls also, but when it came time for the Christmas Dance that year the night before neither of us had a date. But neither of us would ask the other. So my friends took it upon themselves to set us up. So they asked Clint what he would say if I asked him to the dance and he said "I would said Yes", but after being hurt so badly by him a few months earlier I was hesitant to ask. All this was happening during a basketball game (again the place to be on a Friday night in a small town). Finally before the game was over I got brave and sat down beside him and said " I hear if I ask you to the Dance you would say yes" So will you go with me to the dance" and he smiled and said " I don't know" (what a jerk) then he said "yes". The dance was Dec.11th 1994. I was so nervous and excited! We had decided to go in a group of 3 couples. He came to my house to pick me up or rather walk me up to the school (we weren't old enough to drive) We were both nervous. We went to the dance and had a great time even danced a little which for Clint is amazing! After the dance we went back to my parents house with about 10 of our friends, I remember Bay Watch being on the TV. I was sitting on Clint's lap we were kissing and talking I whispered in his ear "does this mean we are back together?" and his response was oh so romantic........ he said "does a bear sh** in the woods".. Can you believe that I stayed with him? We have been together since that day. Its been 16 years.Almost 12 of them married. I can't imagine my life with anybody but him. He is my best friend and I love him more than life.

No comments: