Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Almost There....

He may need to wear this outfit for a few days to protect his ouchie from his crazy siblings!!!
So basically I have been keeping Maxton in the house and away from everyone for about 2 weeks to try to keep him healthy until his surgery... We have made it although Cavin and Carter seem to have caught a cough, we are keeping our fingers crossed that Maxton stays well for the next 24 hours!!
I finally got the call yesterday from same day surgery with directions for food/fluid intake and time to be at the hospital... Are you ready for this??? His surgery isn't until 2:30 p.m. yes you heard me right and the kicker is we have to keep him from eating from 1:30a.m. on except for water, apple juice and jello which he can have up to 11:30a.m.... I almost drooped the phone when the nurse on the other end gave me this news.. I said "are you all aware that he is 17mths old?" and she said yes but we go in order of age youngest to oldest and Maxton is the oldest kid Dr.Murphy will be operating on that day... Are you fricken kidding me?? Keep my 17mth old from eating for 12 hours how in the world am I suppose to do that? I even tried to call and reschedule the surgery, but the next time they could do it wasn't unitl Dec.31st and well I have BIG doubts that we can stay healthy that long, so I am biting the bullet and giving this a shot what else can I do? Dr.Murphy's office did give me the go ahead to give him popsicles so I think that will help ALOT!!!
Anyway say a prayer for Maxton that all goes well tom. and he handles the anesthesia fine and we are home by supper!!!
His surgery is at 2:30 tom. the 10th we need to be at the hospital at 1:30p.m. They are going to repair the right side hernia look at the left side to make sure it doesn't need repaired also. The surgery should be less than a hour. He recovers for anywhere between 30 mins to 2hours depending on how he handles the anesthesia.
Thank Goodness I have wonderful friends who are going to watch the kids and pick them up from school.. I have said it a million times but I will say it again THANK YOU LADIES YOUR THE BEST FRIENDS A GIRL COULD HAVE AND I OWE YOU AGAIN!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey- I will be praying for Maxton tomorrow. Let me know if you need anything at all. Love you all! Val

Unknown said...

I totally know what you mean about the waiting to eat thing. They did that to Cray twice. I couldn't believe it. He screamed forever. I don't know what they are thinking. Cray was like 3 months old the first time and they made us withhold bottles from him for 12 hours, it was horrible. I hope all goes well tomorrow. Cray was 15 months when he had surgery and came out of anthesia great, had dark circles under his eyes but was okay. Your in my prayers, if you need anything let us know.

Boeckman mommy said...

Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you this morning and will be praying that all goes well today for Maxton. Keep us updated when you can. Your in our thoughts.