Wednesday, December 24, 2008

So.......

So I realize that I am a emotional wreck these days (that's what pregnancy does to me) but today is especially bad.... I took the kids out this morning to pick up Clint's xmas gift and I was very nervous because of the weather we got yesterday so I just took it slow.. We got to the store fine and just hearing Mason look at someone and say Merry Christmas without being told to melted my heart and I teared up, then we were on our way home and I was taking it slow again but somebody decided to turn at the last min. in front of me and my brakes locked up, by the time I pulled into the grocery store parking lot I was shaking and crying it scared the CRAP out of me all these what ifs were running thru my head, while in the grocery store Carter looked up at me and with his puppy dog eyes said "Can we have donuts" and tears began to fall again and of course I said yes... For some reason today is my favorite day of the year, but some how I forget until it comes around again.. I don't know if it is because my own childhood Christmas was so wonderful, I remember so much from each xmas, my gifts, how I felt, waking my brother up at 2a.m. to tip toe downstairs to see if Santa had come, lying awake all night waiting for it to be time to wake my parents up, the only way to get my parents out of bed was to make their coffee.. Today is such a magical day to a child!! The anticipation of what will be waiting for you under the tree in the morning.. I am hoping this year my kids really get into it because for the past several years I am the one waking them up because I can't wait to see their reaction ( This annoys Clint)....

Anyway I wanted to wish Everyone a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

2 comments:

Some Day Sarah... said...

Ah, sorry for the emotions of the day. I want you to know that I think you're a great mom. I admire the ease with which you manage your family and work so hard at being intentionally joyful about each moment. I got your facebook message, and I knew I'd guessed, but then I felt bad because I realized you might not have been ready to tell people. Again, congrats.

I hope Christmas is full of joy, peace and love as you soak in the amazing life you've been given to lead. Prayers for your holiday!

Sarah

bows and more said...

Congratulations Melissa! I have not checked on your blog in a while and what fun exciting news you have! I pray you will have a great pregnancy! You seem like such a great Mom and such a great person! I have a good friend who just had her sixth and her oldest just turned 9. I f people give you crap you should move to Utah! It is no big deal here! lol
Best wishes! hope you feel good soon! Love, Kelsi