Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Yes We think it is...

So I really wasn't ready to put this out to everyone,but seems rumors/news travels fast in small towns.... So Clint and I found out this week that we are expecting TWINS. Since the beginning of this pregnancy I have thought something felt different. The morning sickness wasn't so bad but the exhaustion was extreme so bad that I could fall asleep at 9:30 a.m. after just waking up at 8a.m., i had some dreams, I gained ALOT of weight in the first 4 weeks, I was always hungry, and I began to feel movement at 10weeks 2days. I told my doctor about these things/worries and she just kept saying each pregnancy is different, each pregnancy you show faster your body just knows what it is suppose to do etc.. I hadn't told anyone about these things except for my doctor and it was kinda always a joke with Clint, but on Friday Jan.30th it became a HUGE reality to me as I lay down to listen to the babies heartbeat with a hospital quality fetal doppler I heard two very different heart rates one was in the high 160's and one was in the mid 140's. I called Clint crying and he assured me everything would be fine as long as the babies were healthy and so was I we would be fine, he reminded me that I am a GREAT Mother(thanks honey) and that if anyone could have 5 kids and 2 babies it was me!! It was a great pep talk!! My doctors office however thought I was crazy and would do nothing to check for me.. It was driving me nuts not knowing so a friend of a friend is a sono tech and had time Monday to take a look, as I lay there on the table with the 3 little boys in tow without Clint with my eye's closed I just looked at this lady and said please just tell me there is one and she said take a deep breath and look here is Baby A and here is Baby B.. I don't remember much after that except crying, someone else having to call Clint to tell him, and trying to talk to him but not being able to.. Needless to say I was in SHOCK even though I knew it.. Both babies look really good they are measuring right on and their heartbeats were in the 150's.. Clint and I know we are really lucky and blessed and we will be fine once we find a Bus(not funny really) to haul all of us around.. We are looking forward to this new adventure and to ending our family with a BANG!! There are a lot of things that are new to us with this, but we are trying to gather as much info as possible and just take time to let it sink in.. The kids all think it is great in fact Mallory said" it is fine mommy there will be one baby for you and one for me!!" So there it is straight out of the sources mouth we are indeed having TWINS and today very excited about it!!!

6 comments:

Boeckman mommy said...

Melissa,
Just know how very lucky you are. I know you can handle it. God must have needed a home for two babies. Iknow the shock is so over-whelming. When I found out Syd had a twin I was in shock and in my case I had already lost the one when I found out. And then with Xavier, I almost begged God to give me twins. I thought about how neat it would be to have two. So hang in there. I hope they continue to grow and stay healthy, and I hope you start gaining some energy as well.

Some Day Sarah... said...

Melissa,
I heard (of course) the other day, I've been wanting to call you since. My heart is with you, as are my prayers. I know if anyone can take on a crazy challenge like this, you're the gal for it!! You're a rockin' mom and two more will bring just that much more *joy* and *laughter* and *fun* into your heart and home! We need to come visit soon. Let me know if you need anything...even a night out, Jon and I are *WAY* over due for actually living up to that promise!

Big hugs!
Sarah

Unknown said...

Melissa you are the worlds greatest mommy. Twins will be a challenge, but a good one. Just think you have 5 other ones to help you, so you are really not doing it on your own. We are here if you need anything. Hey Jon and Kate plus Eight have a really cool van they drive around in, so it might be kinda fun and in a bigger vechicle you could get to the back while driving and wouldn't have to pull over. If you ever need someone to watch a couple of them or have a sleep over for a free night for you, let me know, Cray would love that. Keep your head up girl, it will all work out.

Anonymous said...

Congrats- you are just the family to handle this new and unexpected surprise. You are great parents and you have such a loving (and fun) family- you all will be just fine. Also- you have plenty of family close who would LOVE to play with twins anytime we can (okay- me, I need baby time!!!) :) You are in my prayers. Val

Nicole McLaughlin said...

OOOOOOOO MMMMMMMMM GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!! I thought about this...."watch she'll have twins!!" :) Girl, you've got this in the bag...your super mom!! Mallory has no idea what she's in for....:) Your gonna love it!

Anonymous said...

missy you and clint are wonderful parents so it met to be. the babies are coming into aloving and careling family mallory will be such good help we love you all grandma barb and grandpa dick