Sunday, April 19, 2009

Goodbye PTO

Well this school year is almost over and so is my role as PTO Vice President.. I must admit I am glad that I had an excuse to bow out of taking over the President role for next year(thank you Twins). People don't realize how much time PTO takes up for the officers. I have spent many of days,nights and weekends working on stuff to help better my children's school. I have seen it as a way to do something other than wipe noses, break up fights and endless household chores. It sorta made me feel like a "real" adult like I did when I had a real paying job ya know like with money and not with kisses and I love yous. Anyway my best friend has served beside me this year as Treasurer, she has worked her rear end off. I would have to say out of the four positions Treasurer would be the hardest and she has done an outstanding job at it along with many other big tasks like fall book fair, teacher xmas gifts, and huge parts in both big fundraisers and many many many more things that I haven't even mentioned. Anyway to think someone had the nerve to ask her why she is dropping out next year (she isn't running for office again) makes me sooooooooooooooo MAD.. I mean does that same person go around asking all the parents who do nothing for PTO or the kids school why they don't? NO!! But they think it is okay to ask a parent that has been extremely involved why they are "dropping out".. Oh come on are you kidding me? Maybe we are dropping out because we would like to just sit back like some of the rest of you and do nothing, maybe we would like to focus more on our family, maybe we would like to pick just 1 thing and not have a hand in everything, maybe we would like to go a day without having to talk about PTO.. And please please don't ask me why I am "dropping out" if you yourself haven't even held a board position and know what all goes into that.. The nerve of some people... So NO we may not be coming back next year but man did we do an AWESOME job this year!!

okay i feel better!!! GoodNight

3 comments:

The Lost Michiganders! said...

You are seriously my idol. I think you are amazing and I hope, one day when I have 5 kids, I can even come close to what you do! Congrats on your job with the PTO and I hope you throughly get to enjoy your family this next school year!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on what i'm sure was a job well done, just as you are at being a good mommy to each of your babies.Maybe the parents who don't want to be invovled are afraid of not being able to do as good a job that the ones before them have done. Oh,well i'm just rambling on. Love Ya All,Grandma J.

Anonymous said...

Hello
http://www.coloradocats.org/ - propecia finasteride

Propecia will not interfere with any other medication.
[url=http://www.coloradocats.org/]finasteride hair loss[/url]
5-alpha reductase works by converting testosterone into dihydrotesterone, which in effect increases the growth pattern of male hair.
cheap propecia online
The company that first marketed Propecia is known as Merck & Co.