Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Stuff

I took Carter to kindergarten round up last Thurs. an exciting sad time. Here we don't have all day kindergarten for "free" only half day. So if you want to send your kid to all day kindergarten you must pay for it the price has gone up this year to $250/month which is alot for a family on one income(even a decent one). Mallory and Mason didn't do this,but they also seemed to struggle a bit in 1st grade so we are now debating on sending Carter to all day if we can figure out how to pay for it. It is about the same amount we paid to go to vo tech for a year!! Kinda ridiculous,but hopefully worth it.We have to let the school know by the 20th. I am kinda sad too because that means he will be gone all day everyday and I am not sure I am ready for that? :( Carter continues to do puzzles daily. He amazes me everyday with how fast he can put a 100 piece puzzle together! He has figured out how to do some addition which is cool, loves for me to do "homework" with him, and loves to be on the trampoline doing his flips! We did pull him from gymnastics last week it was just getting to be to much for me to try to run him when Clint couldn't by 6:30 I am beat! So hopefully we will start back up in the fall!

Mallory has been doing awesome in school!! Her reading has really taken off and of course she is doing great in math(her favorite)! I tell you what some of the homework she comes home with. WOW! I swear I didn't do perimeter until I was in 4th grade. The other day I had to call Clint at work to help me figure out how to help her.. funny I know!! She got a new bike over spring break so I finally got brave and have let her start riding around the block! She has to check in after every loop okay so I am working on cutting the cord!! She has her 2nd grade program coming up next Tues. she has a little speaking part and is very excited about it. The weather guy from channel 41 came to their school today and talked and took video and photos of the school and aired some of it on the news!! And in some of the photos you could see her!! So we are living with a celebrity!!

Mason has a new best friend that he can't stop talking about which is great because Mallory and Mason don't make friends that easily! School is going great for him he still struggles with reading and math but continues to try hard and pick it up! He continues to be the quiet sensitive one of the bunch .He is always touching/rubbing my belly and asking if I am okay.

Cavin is silly as usual. I have found this week that positive reinforcement with alone mommy/daddy time really motivates this kid! Today he went out in the back yard and yelled at the cows(yes our new neighbors are 2 black cows fun fun) "moooo mooooooo hey cows can you do that" and yesterday he was pulling around a toy dog and asking me to pet it and when I asked it's name he said "cat poop". I believe he will be the family clown!!

Maxton is well NAUGHTY as if I haven't said that before!! I finally took him to the Dr. today because his runny nose and cough just weren't getting better and sure enough he had bilateral ear infections!! I feel like a bad mommy today because I told myself to take him last week,but I didn't. Poor little guy :( Anyway his vocabulary is unbelievable and the things he does like walk up and down the stairs without holding on to the rail just blow my mind!! He doesn't get this whole "baby" thing. When you ask where are the babies he points to my belly, but then picks his shirt up and points to his belly and says baby!! July should be really interesting! Although he has become more of a daddy's boy the last few weeks which is sad but kinda good! Everyone comments on his long/curly hair, some say he needs a haircut but I say NO he looks so sweet it is staying at least for now!!

Guess that is a little update on the kiddo's. Nothing big but an update!! I have a few topics that I would like to cover,but the exhaustion has set in again and I am way to tired, maybe tom.!!!

1 comment:

bows and more said...

Oh Melissa I so feel for you girl! Your belly looks awesome! You amaze me! I hope this next 13 weeks goes by faster than the spped of light for you! Sending you (( hugs )) Hope you had a fun easter! Love, Kelsi