Saturday, October 10, 2009

So SICK and Tired.....

I am so SICK and TIRED of this stupid Swine Flu.. It has taken 8 days to make it through the 5 older kids and Clint. Mallory,Clint and Maxton are sick as I write this.. I have felt like crap all week so I am not sure if I have had it or apparently we were passing around another cold type something before the swine flu hit us so the babies and I may have that? I am so sick and tired of everyone crying and whining and coughing and sneezing and crying and whining oh did I already say that? I must say that this is much better than the stomach flu!! Although there has been a few episodes of vomit to clean up.. yuck!!
I feel sorry for Clint right now. You see I got lucky to marry a man with the gift at being Mr.Fix it or maybe you call it being a tight a** and not wanting to pay somebody to do something he can figure out how to do. I mean anything from laying carpet, to plumbing to electrical, to drywall and right now he is a HVAC man. A few weeks ago he tore into our duct work in the basement to fix it so that the ceiling won't be so low when he gets it done, and well it isn't done and we can't turn our heat on until it's put back together so sick,fever,flu and all he is trying to get it done so we can turn our heat on cause it is really cold out!! Poor Guy!!

Also this week we were told that Cavin is color blind? Not sure if we believe it or not? I took him for his annual eye exam and this is what they found? My girlfriends husband is color blind and she says it comes from the maternal side? Not sure if either of my grandpa's suffer from this so I will need to ask them? So of course just another thing to worry about I know it's not a huge issue but of course it will cause some problems in school.

So the count is at 3 sick, 3 have had it and 3 may still be getting it?? Keep your fingers crossed and prayers coming that if Cayne and Maccoy do get this crap it is very mild for both of them!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's getting cold enough in your house that the germs will just DIE! Hope you and the babies stay healthy.
Royce is color blind. His is shades, burgundy, navy, black, chocolate, kinda all look the same. His also effects red and greens. He can still do wiring jobs, he just occasionally has to ask someone what certain colors are. I don't think it has effected him too much, and I wouldn't worry about that now, you have enough on your plate. It only bothers the teachers when they can't rattle off every color.
Take care- Monica

Anonymous said...

I dated a guy that was color blind, I think red, green and brown were the colors he had problems with. He just adjusted, I actually didnt know he had it until we were together like 6 months. I hope you get the duct fixed, I bet you guys are freezing and hope you can get rid of this soon. Too bad it isnt summer and you could send the healthy kids to grandmas

Anonymous said...

My oldest is color blind and they think our middle one may be also. We just have them read their colors to make sure they have the right one and tell the teacher every year at the start of school so they know. They also told me that they get it from the maternal side, however, only males can be color blind. Kind of interesting. Hope you all get better.