Sunday, October 4, 2009

Swine Flu oh my :(

On Friday morning Mason was about to eat his breakfast when he started to cry and said "Mommy I think I am going to puke".. I thought oh great here we go with the lovely stomach flu, but after 2 hours of a upset stomach and NO puke I was a little relieved only to find Mason had a 103 temp and a headache as the day progressed he complained of a sore throat and headache and ran a temp no matter if he had motrin or not? I thought maybe strep throat? But at 3 a.m when his temp was still 103 and he started in with this nasty cough I thought no it isn't could it be the flu? But where did he get it? NO notices from school about being exposed? We don't go anywhere? So I took him into the Dr. to have him checked out lucky for me and him our Dr. was the one doing Sat. clinic! He took one look at Mason and said "He has Swine Flu no reason to even do a test" and immediately my thoughts were of what will happen to Maccoy? He can't get this? I began to tear up and then the Dr. and I came to the decision that we needed to know if it was the flu so we did the test and 15 mins later it was back that yes indeed it was... Mason was a very sick little guy Friday and Saturday running a fever no matter if he had Tylenol and Motrin, complained of a headache and upset stomach even vomited after taking his tamiflu, wouldn't eat or drink, and wouldn't really even talk or answer questions and his eyes were like glass red glass.. He looked so horrible lifeless.. But today he looks to be getting better the fever is low if not gone even without Motrin or Tylenol. He has been eating and drinking and even talking!! So 1 down and who knows how many to go!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad mason is better. hope the other ones don't get it. our prayer are with you all. love grandma barb