Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cavin is a blankey boy thumb sucker.. We have broke it once but the blankey's resurfaced and the thumb sucking began again and it's a lot. At bedtime last week Clint told Cavin if he kept sucking his thumb it was going to get bigger than the other(ok so maybe scaring your child into stopping something isn't the best approach but it is what it is) I didn't know they had that conversation so the next day as I was folding laundry (imagine that) Cavin comes to me crying and I asked him what happen are you hurt, sick, did you break something? His response was all No but the tears kept coming? Finally he said look at my thumb it's getting bigger and it hit me like a ton of bricks what Clint had told him so me being the mommy trying to make it all better said daddy was playing a trick on you, see mommy's thumbs I sucked mine and they didn't get bigger made him feel better I thought til later I noticed he was sucking the other thumb! When I asked him why he was doing that he said "so they will both be bigger" HaHaHa... Cute!

No comments: