Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What if?

What if two siblings seem to HATE each other... How do you teach them to love, respect, play nice and just bee good brothers to one another? My middle boys Cavin 3 and Carter 41/2 seem to HATE each other.. My Monday and Wednesday mornings are so peaceful the reason for that is Carter is at Preschool, but the minute Carter gets in the van to come home the fighting,crying,name calling,hitting, punching, spitting, screaming chaos begins and doesn't end until Mason comes home from school at 3:15.. It makes for REALLY LONG DAYS.. And well I am at a loss for what to do to fix it? My other kids all get along Great even Wonderful on most days but these two don't have good days together. Once in awhile they have good moments of quiet happy play, but those are short lived and few and far between.. I am not sure what to do I have of course explained, punished and separated but nothing seems to work.. It is breaking my heart and to be honest my ears!! I am sure this to will pass and hopefully quickly in the meantime I am looking for solutions so if you have some please leave me a comment!!!
Sincerely Heartbroken and Going Crazy Mommy of 5

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry I really think it will past (in like 15 years, haha) my sister use to bang my head against the floor, seriously we didn't get along at all. But now look at us, we are best buds :) Like I said just give it a few years (15 at least). I know you treasure my advice, haha. Love Em

Anonymous said...

I agree w/ Emily- my brothers and sisters and I really did not get along well most of the time as kids. I wouldn't call us best buds now, but we get along ok. Val

Boeckman mommy said...

Hey Melissa,
Here is what I end up doing. Making them hold hands and sit on the couch until they are good. They hate it so much that they seem to behave themselves. Your kids are so cute. I love to catch up on everyone. Good Luck, I am sure it will pass. It is probably just their ages.