Thursday, June 24, 2010

Today

Today I woke up early and decided after stepping outside and feeling the nice weather that I would take the kids out somewhere.. Escape the house! So I decided to try a nature hike at a nearby nature park! I told the kids and they were all happy to get out and do something! So we packed up and left! To my surprise they had a blast! Especially the boys! They spotted a snake, found a bird egg, threw rocks in a pond, stepped in a lot of mud, and explored the woods!! They made up stories about what had once lived here and what lives here now! It was beautiful very wooded so no direct sunshine which meant no need for sunscreen! But we should have put on bug spray (live and learn)! We are planing our next trip! It was nice to get out of the house! We are happy for the break in the 100 degree heat and the rain if only for a day!

No comments: