Thursday, June 17, 2010

Your Going to Miss This

This morning all was quiet except the conversation between my 3rd born and myself.. This is a rare occasion in this house! Carter and I sat and ate breakfast (i may add he was waiting on his friend to come play which is why he was awake) and talked about things. He looks at me and says "Mom when I am 17 Mason will be 20" and I answer back "yes" then he continues "when Mas is 21 I will be 18" and I shake my head and then I say "ya know lets not talk about that lets just enjoy being little Carter your already growing so fast I don't want to think about you being 17" and he agrees and we began talking about all the fun stuff we are going to do today. Then I was thinking about a conversation I was having with Mallory last night on the way to her sleepover she says " won't it be nice when the babies are 17 and you almost have your house back?" and I say "no mal it won't I will miss you guys everyday, the house will be to quiet and well I will be stuck with your dad all alone and as much as I love your dad that sounds BORING compared to what I live with everyday now" and she laughed and said "true, so I guess I will just come visit you everyday" and I said " I will hold you to that!!" My point is that sometimes I get busy in the day to day stuff and while I hate all the laundry, the cooking and endless cleaning I know someday sooner than I know I will miss that I will miss ALL of them more than they or I know!! I love you guys all 7 of you always!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

this post made me tear up. Its such a sweet post and its true, children grow up way too fast! lol.

Anonymous said...

Missy, cherish every minute.. i remember a few years ago going down by the milk barn and seeing a couple of the kids wagons and i thought to myself ...they grew up so fast ..i didnt have time to pick up the toys...love you missy...aunt jeannie