Tuesday, November 2, 2010

As a mother of 6 boys some of whom will play football I couldn't go without posting this. A tragedy has occurred in our small town. Last Thursday night was SHHS last football game of the season, right before half time one of our players came off the field and collapsed he was flown my helicopter to KU med where he later died. His name is Nathan Stiles #44 and from what I am reading on Facebook and hearing around town he was a Awesome kid. Words like "leader, athlete,kind,caring,smart, going places," have all been used to describe Nathan. I didn't know Nathan or his family but my heart hurts for them. The community has really rallied around Nathan, his family and friends. It makes me proud to live in this small community. I hope you join me in saying a prayer for Nathans family and friends as they go through the next several days.

R.I.P Nathan Stiles

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is SO sad. I know we feel like worrying is a waste of time- God does as he needs to, but this is why I don't want my boys to play football. I would never keep them from doing something they really want to do, but will not push them in this. I find it very sad that my 3rd grader is being called a sissy because I didn't let him play this year. We don't let them play before junior high because of harvest and we don't have time to run to practices and games every weekend- and breaking anything at that young of an age can truly effect everything when they have so much growing left to do. And you know where we live, so you understand the pressure of playing football here- but also what happened to Royce that kept him playing in h.s. I just tell mine to practice basketball- it was their daddy's love!
Our prayers with that family- my heart truly breaks for them.