Tuesday, May 27, 2008

First Day of SUMMER Vacation!!!




And I had to roll out of bed at 7a.m. to get Mallory up and off to Girl Scout Camp.... I remember the feeling that I had on the last day of school when I was a kid pure joy/relief!!!! What happen to that feeling??? Five kids!!!! Now my summer is filled with fighting, messes, the wonderful phrase "I'm bored" or "There is nothing to do", more fighting, and finding interesting things to do to get us out of the house!!! I have a feeling it is going to be a long summer with the gas prices the way they are there won't be many trips to area parks, Deanna Rose Farmstead, garage sales or any other fun stuff we like to do in the summer months.. I will be on the look out for fun crafts and outdoor activities to keep us busy/happy!!!

We had a great weekend we went "home" for Clint's 10 year class reunion.. I think they had about 13 people show up from a class of 28 not bad I guess.. We had fun just hanging out with some "old" friends talking about old times, our kids, and mini vans!! It was nice to have Clint's parents help out with the kids so that we could enjoy some time out by ourselves and of course the grandparents and the kids love that time together. We had a picnic in Topeka on Monday with Clint's parents, his sister Jamie and her husband David, and Clint's brother Torrey his wife Val and their boys Therron and Zachary.. We had a great time. That was a nice break in the 2.5 hour drive back home. Anyway that was our weekend.. I almost forgot while I was "home" I got to visit my grandparents which is always great, but also got to watch my grandpa do the Memorial Day Program at the Cemetery on Monday He is the man who gives the orders for the gun fire not sure of all the wording but it was very neat.. I don't know if I have mentioned it to any of you but he wrote a book about his war experience and has sold all the copies he had made and the local library had him there to sign books,answer questions, and sell copies this weekend which I thought was also neat.. My grandpa the author/celebrity!!!! His book is great so if you are interested in reading it just let me know!!Good Night!

1 comment:

Nicole McLaughlin said...

Your photos are GORGEOUS! Didn't you know i'm a total war buff? No seriously...ask Jennifer. I'd LOVE to read your grandpa's book!! Nothing like some "light" summer reading!! LOL, just kidding. But, yes let me borrow it. Or hook me up with a signed copy!!! Lets get together soon? Want to got the park or something Thursday?