Friday, June 27, 2008

Mallory

Why do I always count my chickens before they hatch.. Mallory took a turn down the wrong road late Wed. night... She is in a lot of pain hasn't eaten anything I mean nothing since Wed around 7p.m.. She has maybe drank 4oz of liquid in the last 24 hours and she is so high on pain meds that she looks like a zombie.. She has a low grade temp which is normal but I am sure only makes her feel even worse. I just talked to the nurse at the ENT clinic and she said no matter what the girl has to drink or she will end up in the hospital for dehydration which duh I am a nurse like I didn't know that already but it is like I told her it is hard to tell a 7 year old that,especially one that is "high" She told me to work my mommy magic, but I guess I must be a really bad mommy cause I can't find the right spell.. We have tried sprite, gatorade, sonic slushes, water, juice.. Nothing every time she swallows my heart breaks for her I see the instant pain come over her. I feel so helpless.. I don't want her to end up in the hospital, but maybe they just shouldn't shove little kids that just had surgery out the door so soon? Right now I am trying to figure out what to do about going to the store.. Clint is working crazy long hours for the move to the new building so he is no help and we are out of Milk ( a necessity) and other things like Motrin (also a necessity).. I will think of something, but sometimes it really sucks not living closer my parents/in laws so that we could get help whenever we needed it.. Okay I am done complaining I have to go figure out how get baby poop out of the carpet and clean up pee off the bathroom floor and about 500 other things. Why is it when it rains it poors, but this to shall pass and right now there are people dealing with a lot worse than this.. We will be just fine!!!

No comments: