Monday, May 25, 2009

Last Day of School 2008-2009






Well Friday was the last day of school for Mallory and Mason. It is such a happy but sad day for me, the kids and their teachers. Happy because they had a great year with Great teachers and because it is Summer Vacation. Sad because they Loved their teachers and learned so much. Mason absolutely adored his teacher infact he was crying as soon as he got to school Friday morning because he new it was his last day to be with Mrs.K. I rave about the wonderful teachers we have at our Elementary school all the time,but I am convinced that Mrs.K is in a class all her own! She was so great with him always trying to help him or think of ways to encourage him or help him. Always in contact with me or other teachers that maybe able to help him.
Mallory's teacher Mrs.P was perfect for her, Mallory loved going to school everyday just be around her, she learned so much this year and gave up many recess to stay inside and help Mrs.P however she could. This was Mrs.P's last year to teach at our school she is Retired! It is sad for me because my kids have gotten another year older, another year smarter and another year closer to moving out :(
I am now a mom to a 3rd grader, 2nd grader and a Kindergartner..I don't remember how we got here?
After school Friday I met the kids outside of school so they could give their teachers and their Awesome Principal a little Thank You.. As I get closer to the front door of the school I see all these teachers with crazy hats on waving pom poms and cheering. It was so cute I wish I would have had my camera to show you what an awesome staff we have at our Elementary school!! Then of course as Mason gives Mrs.K her gift and a hug, she begins to tear up, then Mason begins to tear up and then I begin to tear up.. What a wonderful year we have had I tell her, and don't worry their will be more "M" boys coming up but I am sorry to say they are a bit more naughty, not as sensitive and sweet as Mason but they are coming your way!!! She laughed and said "he is just such a sweet boy"! It made my heart swell to know that his teacher thought so much of him! I know she will always have a special place in mine and Mason's heart!!

No comments: