Tuesday, May 5, 2009

oh my

I had a Dr's appt today.. Lucky for me the younger 3 kids stayed with Clint at work! I had to do my 1 hour glucose test and then see the Dr. Everything looks good. Babies are growing(Baby B heart rate 147, Baby A heart rate 124), I haven't gained anymore weight(that is kinda bad),cervix closed, and time to start the weekly none stress test/Sono. So the next few months are going to be long... Because I failed my 1 hour glucose test(screen for gestational diabetes) so now I get to do the 3 hour test which means I go to the office and sit for 3 hours and they take my blood 1 time per hour. I have never had a problem passing the 1 hour test before but my Dr. said the chances increase with a twin pregnancy to actually have it? Then that same day a few hours after that is done I get to do another NST/Sono which takes about 1.5 hours. That is a whole day at the Dr.'s office. Then I will see my regular Dr. every 2 weeks and see the High Rish Dr. once/month along with the weekly NST/Sono. Can I scream now? I realize this is all for the babies but I have 5 kids to take care of and soon school will be out, can you imagine the look on the faces of the people in the clinic when they see me waddle in with my 5 kids to sit in a closet size room hooked up to monitors for 1 to 2 hours? HaHa that is funny stuff! I hate asking my friends to watch them especially over summer break who wants to be stuck watching somebodies kids on vacation? I know my friends would do it in a heartbeat but I hate to ask. If you can't tell I am feeling very overwhelmed by this process right now. It doesn't help that over the last 4 to 5 days I feel like I have ballooned out, the babies feel so big, they move all the time(which I admit I love),but I could def. do without the shortness of breath and the heartburn! Okay enough pity party! I just wanted to let you all know that we are okay!

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Just drop em off here at work, it was fun having them here today! Good thing it was before i had the 3 lunch margaritas though ;)