Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Happy 5th Birthday Drew!!

I remember what I was doing 5 years ago today exactly and it was a CRAZY day!! It started off at 6a.m. with a phone call from my brother Jay saying that his wife was in labor! Then a phone call from one of my close friends who also happened to be be my sister in laws sister. We both played stupid not knowing if the other new about the upcoming arrival of our niece or nephew! Finally we both blurted out "have you talked to Jay" and realized we both knew what was happening! She came over and we waited and waited and waited until noon with no more phone calls to tell us the progress! We were getting worried and didn't know what to do so we decided to eat lunch and surely we would hear something so we jumped in our van and went to eat pizza and still not hearing any news decided to head to the hospital to demand answers!! When we got to the hospital we saw Jay coming out of a room and he came and told us they were taking Em back for a csection. We were so excited and scared! About 20 mins later Jay came back to a full waiting room (both sets of grandparents, 2 anxious Aunts,2 uncles,3 cousins)to tell us that my beautiful nephew Drew had arrived!! It was a wonderful day! I will never forget!! As you can tell just about as good as the birth of my own children!!

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH DREW MICHAEL, WE WISH WE GOT TO SEE YOU MORE OFTEN!! MISS YOU TONS. HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love hearing this story!! So funny to listen to you two tell it. Plus the video I have of everyone in the waiting room... priceless!! Thanks :) Em

Lisa said...

My hat is off to you! You are one aMazing woman! I don't even know you but anyone that has and can raise SIX boys deserves a gold metal!!! I have 4 boys and thought I had it rough. Then I found your blog...wush girl! Glad to have found you..any pointers to help raising boys would be awesome!!!! I found your blog from a comment you left on Julie's.