Thursday, January 28, 2010

Just a Post...

Well its just another day in paradise.... If paradise is freezing cold, full of chaos, with 2 sick babies and a absentee husband/daddy! Life around here the last few weeks has been crazy! It is budget season for Clint which means extremely long hours tons of pressure/stress and never ending workdays(I am talking 7a.m. to 3a.m. daily),but on a positive note (trying to do more positive thinking) at least he has a job!
The babies are growing growing growing. Despite my constant talks with them to just stay babies forever!! They both have cut their first tooth and Maccoy actually just cut his second bottom tooth today!! Cayne sleeps through the night pretty much every night but Maccoy who needs the extra calories (plus he just likes to get in bed with mommy) still gets up around 2:30a.m. every night.. yes we cosleep with our babies sometimes especially in the middle of the night when all we want to do is sleep! It's exhausting taking care of 7 kids and the house and working crazy long hours! Neither baby can sit up alone yet at least for very long, they roll all over especially Cayne but Maccoy isn't far behind, Cayne gets up on all fours but hasn't really done more than that. And I am not pushing them I want them to stay babies forever! Sometimes I sit and just look at them and tell myself REMEMBER this how they smell, how small they are, how special it is to see that Big smile looking at me just because they see me walk into the room, how soft their baby skin is, how sweet their breath smells, the way it feels to nurse them to sleep and then cuddle them, to hear them coo or hold each others hand.. I want to bottle it up and keep it forever to be able to open it whenever I want to remember how sweet precious and absolutely perfect they were. Oh my goodness I LOVE this stage sooooo much. Sometimes I feel like I don't get to hold/play with them as much as I want to, but I have to admit I have been making a lot more time to just enjoy them and letting other things go (i.e. laundry housework just ask my friends we are living like pigs or at least by my standards).
School schedule is back in full swing, Mallory and Mason do fine with the morning routine, but poor Cavin does good for the first two days but by day 3(Thurs) he is a bear from the time we get him up until the time he goes to bed. He loves preschool and his teacher Miss Liz and is making new friends. So that is all good! Clint and I laugh everyday when he runs to the bus Clint says "he is just to little to get on that big bus" but he loves it!!
Maxton has found a new passion in life to be just like his Daddy! He spends most of his days in his boots and his "wetshirt"(hoodie) carrying anything that he thinks resembles a gun shooting deer, putting them in his truck and cutting them up! My great white hunter!! Daddy is so proud!! He also has figured out that he loves certain TV shows. This child would never sit still long enough to watch TV until last week when he caught a glimpse of the stupidest cartoon and fell in love with it and now begs to watch it all day. I am trying to push him into another direction because I HATE Yo Gabba Gabba it is the dumbest show I have seen. All of us are keeping our fingers crossed that he finds a new love soon because we don't know if we can stand to watch it again!! Also I must brag a little because well this is my blog and it's about my kids!! Maxton can talk better than any 2 year old I know including my other kids except maybe Mallory.. The boy can just rattle on and on forever. Tell stories like you wouldn't believe. The other night Clint offered him something and he looked at Clint and said "no thank you". It is amazing what he picks up from his older sister and brothers both good and bad ;) He has started to use a word I use and know I shouldn't so I am working on cutting it out and replacing it with something a little more kid friendly!(fricken)
Mason continues his love of science! He got a couple of science experiment kits for xmas and is really hoping Daddy will have sometime this weekend to help him with a few!! His reading has really gotten good and we are so happy and thankful for all the help he has received from his amazing teachers!! He is almost done with his big lego set and is already trying to talk us into buying him a new one to start on! He continues to be my sweet, eager to help all around good boy! I have a feeling that Clint and I will continue to have a good/close relationship with him!
Mallory continues to bring the drama into the house! Isn't that what the only girl in a house full of boys is suppose to do!! She continues to get straight A's on her report card! Math tends to be her best subject! And of course she is always doing some kind of art or craft here at home! The teenage years with this one scares me a bit! The door slamming,yelling and crazy drama that girls bring (I know because well just ask my mom that was me in a nutshell and paybacks are hell or so my mom reminds me daily) to our life!!
Carter has started bringing little books home daily to read. He is actually doing pretty well, but hopefully it will get a lot better before May! He continues to amaze us with his ability in Math as well. He is a social butterfly always talking about all his friends at school! Seems like we always run into someone who knows him but of course he can never remember their name! I would label him as the family clown! He is all boy this one! No FEAR!! He is working on giving up the thumb sucking,but it is proving to be harder than Daddy thinks it should be (hey I know how hard it is I was a thumbsucker and lets just say I didn't quit at 6 or anywhere close to 6 and I turned out just fine!!)
So I guess that is life in paradise.. Crazy, Nuts, Loud, someone is always needing something, something is always needing done, but we are all here together, with food in our bellies, jobs to pay us, a roof over our head, house full of LOVE and their is always someone willing to play something with you or someone to cuddle with!! LIFE IS GOOD TODAY!!

No comments: