Monday, March 9, 2009

Good News

So I had my appt. this morning with the high risk dr. and my regular OB. The high risk dr. said that my cervix is Great it measures 5.1cm he said" you could carry the octuplets with this cervix!!" But since the measurement they got on Wed. that landed me on bed rest was so different(2.7cm)/horrible he said we should take a look next week and also do the regular growth sono. We told my regular OB that we were very confused about how the measurements could be so different? How Wed. you talked about the hospital and stitching my cervix closed and today the high risk dr. says my cervix is Great? She gave us some BS answer to this about how all the pain I was in on Wed and the pressure I was having could have messed up there measurement and we should go with what the high risk dr. said. So my bed rest order has been lifted and I can go back to regular activity, but not push myself to hard and lay down often through out the day and drink plenty of water. The babies look wonderful! Their heartbeats were 135 and 145 today. The last few days have been a emotional roller coaster I am glad to have it behind me and trying to get my positive attitude back!! Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glade for the good new. so thankful you have such good friendand that your mom and emily came to help.but you would do the same for them . wish i was a little younger so i could help. take of yourself and those dear little babies as i know you will . we love you all. see you in april grandma

Anonymous said...

SOOOOOOOO happy to hear that all is okay. I will continue to pray for those sweet babies. Yeah- happy dance!! :) Val

Anonymous said...

After talking to you I truly do believe that prayers are answered.Love Grandma Judy.

bows and more said...

Melissa I am glad that you are not on bed rest anymore! That would be such a challenge! I loved your post on jon and kate plus 8. I agree that reality TV is not TV! And I to think Kate belittles Jon a lot. Best of luck with your twins! You are half way there! Well actually probably more because twins are usually early! Remember to make sure to take care of you too! You are a great Mom! Keep up the good work!