Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Terrible Two's Early!!

So Maxton has mastered something new.. On Saturday Clint put him down for a nap and a few mins later we hear "hi" from the catwalk and we look up to see Maxton standing there blankie in hand. He had crawled out of his crib! Not only gotten out but shut off his box fan and opened his bedroom door and decided nap time was Over!! Since then it has been hard to keep him in his bed especially at nap time. We are going to get him in a twin bed this weekend and I am really not looking forward to that because on Tues when he was suppose to be napping he was really destroying his room he took all the toys out of the toy box, all the books off the shelf and clothes out of the dresser all in 15 mins that I heard nothing on the monitor so I thought he was sleeping but really he had just changed the channel on the monitor.. I don't want his nap time to end I was hoping for at least another 6 to 8 mths,but it isn't looking good :( Besides his new trick his vocabulary has increased x10, he will pretty much repeat whatever you ask him to. He knows what sound horses,cows,kittens,dogs,ducks,monkey's make, points to all body parts and follows simple directions like get a diaper, bring me that toy, lets read books.. etc.!! He is a smart little guy! He is also not very nice if he doesn't get his way he hits. He also pouts which is cute the funny thing he does this when you say "please" to him? No Clue why.. Anyway that is what is new with Maxton. I need to update on all the kids because it seems like a lot of the focus lately has been on the twins. Maybe I will get it done before I leave for my girls weekend Friday with 3 of my Best Friends. We are on our way to stay with my in-laws for a scrapbooking weekend!!

1 comment:

bows and more said...

I am with you on the terrible twos! I hope you have a fun time on your girls trip!