Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Okay Clarification/ Vent

Okay for those of you that responded to my last post please don't be offended when I start out by saying I HATE JON AND KATE PLUS 8!! I don't agree with what they are doing and I don't think they are the Great parents that evidently the rest of you do.. Everyone is entitled to their opinion!!! I personally think Kate is awful to her husband especially when' she talks "down" him, hits him, yells at him like a child. Come on if you have ever watched the show you know what I am talking about. I have watched several episodes myself and at first I did find it interesting until I really began listening to her yell at her kids and her husband, don't get me wrong I do raise my voice(several times/day) at my kids and occasionally at Clint, but I hope I never talk to him like a child. I am not sure why America thinks it is okay for them to make money off their Children(if you read her website she states in it they get money from TLC of course she won't disclose the amount for new episodes, every time a rerun airs they get paid, for all her TV interviews, magazine articles, the book she has out and the the new one that is coming out soon etc... In fact from what I read neither one of them has a job now they are living off the fame of having twins and sextuplets?? Yet poor Octo mom is getting death threats and no help from anywhere simply because she is Not married and choose to do something that okay I will admit was STUPID, but why should companies like Pampers help other families of multiples and not her? Why should Jon and Kate be put up on a pedestal and given a huge house "which on an episode about 3 weeks ago Kate said they needed for along time" which is Complete BS because I Kate will have 1 less child then you and live in a house that looks to be about the same size as your old one and I don't think I NEED a bigger one.. As long as my kids have a roof over their , head and food on their plate, clothes on their back and Clint and I here to Love and Support them WE ARE GOOD and that should be enough for you too.... A large house is not a necessity!! I personally think all this fame/fortune has gone to their head...

So their is my Vent today... We are nothing like the Gosselin's and are not trying to be.. I would no more take parenting advice from Kate Gosselin than the bum on the corner.. Anyone that is more worried about vomit on a blanket and cleaning it up then the actual child that vomited has BIG problems(I saw this an a rerun a few months ago they actually had their kid sleeping on the laundry room floor with the door closed and he was vomiting alone while she was yelling in the kitchen at someone else).. I know that part of it is just what they show us on Tv, but man it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.. I don't doubt that they love their children just like the rest of us, but from what I see I don't like.. I could go on and on about this just ask my friends like the vacations they take but they have to take at least 2 people to help them, the vacations are completely paid for by TLC probably(okay maybe a little jealous of this one) the fact that every time she has an appt. or one of the kids has to go to the dr. she only takes that child and leaves the other with babysitters, someone still comes in to help her with her laundry,on days they tape the show their food is cooked/or brought in to her house but they try to make it look like she is doing it?? etc. etc. etc...... Clint and I do vacations alone and we always will, I do most Dr.s appts. alone with at least 3 kids in tow sometimes all 5, Nobody cooks my meals for me, but my kids have a home cooked NONE organic(oh shoot me) meal 6 our of 7 nights a week as well as homemade breakfast before school, nobody does my 3 loads of laundry/day but me... etc... etc. but some how I really think people feel sorry for them, but they are the ones that had IUI to have these kids.. My kids are my responsibility and everything that goes with taking care of them shouldn't it be the same for them??? I don't expect people to come in and help me even once the babies come in fact I don't like help it makes me feel like I'm not doing what I am suppose to do.. I could keep going but time to make some chocolate milk, clean up breakfast, get kids dressed, go to the store, pick a kid up from school, make lunch , make supper, pick more kids up from school, and hopefully somewhere in there play,kiss and hug my kids and put my feet up..

Have A Great Day!! Feel free to leave a comment if you don't agree with me maybe you will change my mind!! but i doubt it please don't hate me because we have different opinions...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound just like Royce! Our 3 year old LOVES that show, but he probably feels like he's watching home video when they are playing. We are most annoyed also with how she treats Jon. He has priorites which we disagree with as well, but she is a rip. Whenever we do watch it, Royce says- I HATE THAT WOMAN! The worst were when she was cleaning out the fridge in the new house and one of the boys pooped on the bathroom floor. She hollared outside and made Jon go take care of it without ever checking the kids herself. Or when she felt too absolutely horrible to dress the kids for snowskiiing, but was insistant she could still go to the spa. The sad part is, how many everyday moms that I know that are really like this.

BTW- if it were me, I'd get a suburban that seats 9. (3 in the front). Probably not as safe for Mallory, and no you can't move around quite as easily, but we never go that far anyway.

Also, when are you going to post of pic of your belly?

Take Care- Monica

Anonymous said...

I have to agree - I hate that show too. Kate is a total b----- to her husband and is too selfish to be a good mother.Can't stand her!!!

Amy

Crazy, Busy, Ordinary Life said...

Not a fan of the show either. I agree on most things.

BUT, there have been times I'm willing to sell my kids, but no buyers he he he

Boeckman mommy said...

Melissa,
So whats going on ? Everything okay? Just read your facebook. Are you on bed rest for the weekend?
I have to agree with the Jon and Kate thing. I have no big interest in that show. My mom however loves it??
I also was thinking, (yeah I still find time to do that, (in the shower))that a Suburban that seats three in front would work. We Love Love Love our Suburban. They are alittle pricing though. If you start looking now, maybe you could find a good used one for a decent price.
Either way, I know you will figure it out. And it is not about looking stylish, it is about being safe. So, which ever way you look at it.

Hope everything is okay. And I pray you are able to hang in there as long as possible to deliver healthy babies.