Monday, March 23, 2009

A little Late.. sorry Honey



If you are listening to the music play while your reading this you will hear songs from Clint and I's wedding 10 years ago March 20th.. It was a beautiful day the weather was gorgeous you couldn't have asked for better weather for a wedding! The groom was very handsome and I well looked like a bride! We were very young 19 to be exact. We were in such a hurry to get married and start our family and all though I wouldn't take any of it back I wonder what our big hurry was? I could tell you that our marriage has been perfect, but that would be a lie. Something they never tell you when you get married is how hard it is. Even if you have dated that person for 4 years you still have a lot to learn about them!! I believe and think Clint would agree we have a pretty great marriage, but it doesn't come without arguments, silent treatments, guilt, and apologizes! We know each other better than anyone else so that means we know how to push each others buttons pretty well! And while I complain about his late work hours, hunting trips and endless home improvements projects I am also thankful to be married to a hard working, do things for yourself once in awhile, handy man!! With each child we have welcomed into our family I fall deeper and deeper in love with this wonderful man. I couldn't ask for a better father for my children. And although he may make comments that I will never let him live down(honey you know what I am talking about) I know he means well even if at the time it hurts my feelings. As a couple we have grown and changed so much over the last 10 years and I am looking forward to seeing what the next 40+ have in store for us!!

I love you honey Happy Anniversary a few days late!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I love you honey. BTW, I am pretty sure many said how hard it was, we just ignored them.

love always,
Clint

Anonymous said...

It was a beautiful day!! I remember it so well ;) You were a beautiful bride and well Clint was handsome too, haha. Congrats on the 10 year anniversary! Love you guys Em (I like the new look, too)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Melissa you made your mother-law cry.Ilove you both very much.Just remember the best is yet to come as you get older and reflect back on the memories when it is just the two of you.The years go fast.

Anonymous said...

Awwww- that was so sweet. I'm sad I was not able to be there for the actual day 10 years ago, but I am glad to know you all now. You are a great family- I am happy to call myself part of it!

Congrats on 10 years!! Val