Monday, January 24, 2011

Dear Carter and Cavin,
Today I feel like I have failed you some how?? I am not sure what I need to do better but I WILL...
Carter we brought you lunch for your birthday. Me and the small boys came to eat with you. As we sat there and ALL the kids kept coming by and saying hi to you (mr.popular) you looked up and said "sorry suckers" this isn't the first time I have heard you use this phrase and it isn't the first time you have gotten in trouble for using this phrase you know how dad and I feel about it :( as I asked you what you said Cavin responded but not with "sorry sucker" with something else I will not write, but know this it is something you have NEVER heard come out of my mouth or dad's so where you got it is a mystery.. I can tell you that I almost fell out of my chair at the sound of it coming from my sweet 5 year olds mouth. I felt like such a failure, so embarrassed even though no one else was around to hear it thank goodness.. I of course said never to say that again EVER.. When I got out to the van I called dad and told him he was in dead silence for a moment and then asked where in the world you two would have heard such a nasty word?? We are both shocked and sad :( So there will be much talk tonight with you two about inappropriate words and there will be punishment in the future not sure what but something... Oh boys this is only the beginning!
With Love
Mommy

1 comment:

The Lost Michiganders! said...

As these kids get older they hear a lot of these things from their friends (who hear it from their parents). This does not mean you are a bad parent...You are doing what is right and teaching your kids what is appropriate. You are an awesome mother and I hope as my kids get older that I turn half as good as you! Miss you!