Thursday, April 15, 2010

4a.m.

Its 4a.m. and thanks to Clint I got 4 hours of sleep! When I got back to the room around 3:30a.m. my baby was moving around, sticking out his tongue and even opening his eyes. The process of waking up from what I understand is a long one and very painful to watch so they tell us that today is going to be kinda ruff :( His vital signs continue to be good. His CO2 is a little low because he is over ventilating himself by breathing over the ventilator so they are working on that other than that his Labs are all good. They are going to start some Lasix to help get rid of some of the extra fluid he has building up. His fever is gone for now which is great. He is being a trooper..Hour by Hour we are moving closer to getting our baby back...

5 comments:

Jayme said...

I'm glad that he's doing so well and I hope he continues to heal quickly!

The Lost Michiganders! said...

Thanks soooo much for keeping us posted. Hurry home...it's just not the same without you and the babies! So glad he's doing well!

Nicole McLaughlin said...

I'm glad to hear this Melissa, I've been thinking about you guys so much.

Kendra said...

What wonderful news to wake up to! I'd been thinking about you guys all day and night so to see two updates this morning is awesome! I'm glad you got a little sleep - the chairs in the rooms do recline and are pretty comfy. Sounds like Maccoy is doing beautifully! If you get a chance & would like to talk I'd love to hear how things are (you know, just the silly stuff that you & I talked about when we were there like the chick in the yellow outfit) but obviously that is not a priority. I know you have lots goin on. We are keeping you in our prayers & you are in my thoughts hourly, if not more. Keep up the good work guys, I know it's hard. Hugs!

Jen D. said...

Melissa...I wish I could be there to provide you some support. Sorry for not being available all that often...as you were there for me 4 years ago. I miss you guys and am costantly thinking of you. You all are in my thoughts and prayers every day.