Saturday, April 17, 2010

Frustrated....

So they moved us out of the PICU around 6:45p.m. Friday to 4 Southerland. It actually felt like we were being kicked out and rushed. I mean these kids go through major open heart surgery and are pushed so hard to come back to normal at a very fast pace. They tell you that once you move onto this floor they immediately start getting you ready to go home the only problem is, is that Maccoy who weighed 8.6kilos on Wed. before surgery now weighs 9.1kilos and hasn't been eating without vomiting it back up so what I am saying is he is FULL of fluid and poop.. I have asked,pleaded,cried,demanded that somebody do something to help him. His belly button is pooped out he is so full. I can't even hold him to nurse I must hang over his crib because he is so rigid/full he HATES to be held :( I know we are barely 3 days out from surgery but I did expect a little more concern for my babies discomfort? I did demand they give him a suppository so they just did that around 4:30a.m. and I made them call the Resident Dr. on call and send them in which they did and I told her that this is ridiculous and they have to help him! I am trying not to be rude but with sleep deprivation and pure worry its not working well.. So we are frustrated, but hoping to get somewhere soon.

3 comments:

Jayme said...

I hope that you get the answers and the help that you are seeking and need. Poor baby's body has been to hell and back in the last few days. They should show a little more compassion for him and for what you are having to endure as a parent. I continue to pray for him and for you as well as the doctors and nurses taking care of him. I hope he (and you) get what he and you both need and want and that Mccoy is on his way to a complete recovery.

Wodzisz Family said...

I know only too well how you feel and I really wish I didn't...and that you didn't either. We felt rushed to step-down and then didn't get the care we had in PICU. I had a number of breakdowns and I am sure made a few enemies, although I hope not. I tried really hard to advocate for Hope and felt like no one really listened until I got frustrated.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers...especially for the patience you are really going to need until you get home.

Anonymous said...

i am thinking of you and clint and mccoy every minute.. i pray that you have the strength to carry everyone through with flying colors.. be strong and fight for your little guy.. you are his voice.. sending you lots of love... aunt jeannie