Thursday, April 8, 2010

WOW... Thats All I Can Say..

We are now 6 days before surgery.. Time is flying by way to fast. I do have a few kids with runny noses and coughs so I am wondering if we will really make it to surgery on the 14th? So many things are already in place for this event, but they may all have to be rescheduled due to illness which is a relief , a pain, and a bummer all in one. Relief cause well who wants their little baby to go through open heart surgery with a unknown outcome, a pain for all the planing/organizing/preparing of all those that are helping out my family during the next few weeks, and a bummer cause we really just want our baby mended and this big surgery behind us... So we must just wait and see what happens and Keep our fingers crossed that we make it. If we don't we are thankful that Maccoy is doing so well and can wait a few more weeks! POSITIVE THINKING must take over in this situation I have learned that this fair in our heart journey!

Easter weekend was well Eventful!! Saturday we took the kids out to the annual Easter Egg hunt they had a blast hunting eggs, jumping on the moonwalks, and participating in the Egglympics! They got to throw eggs at a guy, do a egg sling shot, a egg obstacle course and bat eggs! They kept telling us Thank You for bringing us here it's so fun!! The weather was beautiful! After returning from the Egg Hunt Clint and I and the Kids were in the yard being silly when Clint decided that "mommy needed to be thrown in the trash" so he put me over his shoulder and went towards the trashcan I hit him and told him to put me down and that he did only I didn't get my feet under myself right and well after a pop and a ton of pain Clint carried me into the house sat me down and took off my shoe to find my food already swollen and purple. So finally on Monday I went into my Dr. and they did a xray and found that I have broken a bone in my foot. I go to the ortho Dr. today so we will see what they say :( The rest of the weekend I laid on the couch in pain with ice on my foot while Clint played Mr.Mom. The Easter bunny came to our house and the kids got lots of candy and a few little toys! Among the toys were water guns and with the weather being so nice they enjoyed playing with those all day Sunday!

Last week Cayne began to get very fussy so I took him in to have his ears looked at and they said both were infected they put him on antibiotics and we went on our merry way.. Tues he slept through the night for the 1st time since he broke his leg so I thought the ears were better the leg was good he was getting back to his happy sweet self but Wed he was so fussy didn't want his leg messed with or to be put down, when I took him to the park on Thurs. and he didn't even want to swing (which he loves) I thought something is wrong so around 5p.m. I unwrapped his soft cast ( i had to see what was wrong) and I am so glad I did . There on the back of his calf was a huge pressure sore it was red/purple/hard and had blisters on it. So i called ortho and the on call dr. said take him to the ER and have the cast put back on and I was like no way there is a infection here so we waited til morning being ever so careful with his leg and I called our ortho dr. who said no leave it off . So we we did and then we went back for our check up yesterday they did an xray and said its healed and his sore looks good! So we don't have to go back! Dr.Jarka said he should have no problems in the future from this injury!! Good News!!

The babies turned 9mths old on Sunday... They are so funny! They love to play together but they also like to fight! They are both great eaters! Maccoy weighed 19lbs 5oz on April.6th and Cayne weighed 20lbs5oz on March 30th. So they are growing great! They can sleep through the night when they want to! Cayne even with a broken leg managed to get around wherever he wanted! Since getting the cast off he has mastered crawling, going from a crawl to sitting,pulls up to furniture and gets on his knees and he even pulled up to a stand along the couch on 4- 6-10!! Cayne loves to shake his head no, says MaMa and DaDa.. Maccoy has mastered army crawling and goes pretty fast! He can go from crawling to sitting but doesn't do it often he says Dada. They both love me to sing The Wheels on The Bus and love to read books and watch all the activity around them!! such Sweet babies we love them so much!!

Mallory, Mason and Carter are going to be playing baseball/softball this summer! Wow are we going to be busy! Clint is going to help coach Carters team! Mallory has practice twice a week and from what I understand actually starts traveling to play other teams! Practice starts next week! This is only the beginning of how busy our lives are going to get! Oh the fun we are going to have!! I am so glad I had a ton of kids!! Even though the laundry for a family of 9 SUCKS!!! And various other household chores!!

Maxton has found a new love of Dinosaurs! He love the Jurassic Park movies!! Cavin is really into the book The Three little pigs and writing his name! Carter is reading!! Mason is going to Science Camp this summer and is soooo excited to "take things apart and see how they work" and Mallory continues to be the 2nd mother of the house, get straight A's and just be a "drama" girl! Clint got a promotion at work! I am so proud of him! He totally deserved it given his loooonnnngggg work weeks and his 24 hour/7day a week on call status!

So now we just wait to see if we make it to the big day without Maccoy getting sick!! Fingers Crossed!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and praying for little Maccoy. sure enjoy your letter. thinking of you all the time.Love you all.Grandma Barb

Nicole McLaughlin said...

Melissa, when it rains it pours right!? I've had these times in my life...not EXACTLY...but where everything seems to be happening at once and I just want to climb over the mountains and put them behind me. You'll get thru all these current trials soon and have a valley...and then be able to move on to the next ones! ha :) A mothers lot in life right! :) Cant wait for Sunday. Thinking of you always!