Sunday, April 18, 2010

Today

The anesthesia Dr. got a IV in after 3 sticks and then we came back to the room and the nurse flushed it and was about to give him Diuril (diuretic) and it blew.. I was so upset they stuck him 4 times today. I wasn't about to let them do anymore attempts on him. So they have up'd his lasix dose and started Diuril oral and his antibiotic oral. The resident Dr. actually said " I wish I would have done this right after the 1st failed attempt" duh really???
His mood remains the same he is alert and tracks people but no smiles or laughs and I soooo miss them!
They may pull his chest drains out tom. we will have to wait and see what the surgeon says the drainage coming from them is minimal. They said they have to watch you for a day after pulling the drains so we may get to go home by Wed! But I won't hold my breath!! We still have the fluid in the right side to worry about so fingers crossed his chest xray tom. looks good!!

No comments: